When you want to control which email template is sent to leads or the frequency of the Follow Up Emails (which day, time and how often) you can go through the below steps.
Step 1: Find Auto-Correspondence in System Admin
Go to System Admin > Parameter Zone > Auto-Correspondence Settings > Lead Settings
Step 2: Select your New Lead templates
For each section, tick the checkbox if you would like an email to be sent in that scenario and choose which email communication template should be sent. All sections start with new lead options that will send the email when the lead is created.
For example, the first section covers the scenario where “no lead is entered”. Here we can set the template that will send in this scenario.
- Click on the ‘Welcome email template:’ drop down list. This displays a list of communication templates available.
- Select a template. You can Preview the template to make sure you have selected the right template or Edit the template if you need to make changes.
Step 3: Select Close Lead Templates
Assume you want an email to go out when a Seller manages to sell his unit through your company:
- Select the ‘Send email when lead is closed (won)’ checkbox, then select the Close Lead (Won) email in the drop down.
- If you want a different email to go out for when leads are lost, select the ‘Send email when lead is closed (lost)’ checkbox, then select the Close Lead (Lost) email in the drop down.
Step 4: Select Follow Up Templates
Follow up emails are sent according to the frequency you set. These can be used to ask if the property is still available, or if to ask if the customer still requires your service. To set this up:
- Check the option ‘Send follow up emails to contact’, additional options will appear
- Choose your email template in the drop down provided
- Choose the frequency, and review the additional options
Based on the frequency selected, emails will be sent only once, once a week, once every two weeks or once a month.
If applicable, you can choose to send emails on a particular day (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday) of the week. This is helpful if you want customers to expect emails on a certain day. You can also choose the time of day: mornings, afternoons or evenings.
The ‘Send Once’ options display and additional option ‘Send once after (days)’ which allows you to only send one follow up emails which is sent after the number of days you mention.