When you're looking to automate your business process, you can use Workflows. Workflows are used to track and manage a series of Activities related to an object (such as a Unit, Portfolio or Work Order). You can create these by going into the Workflow zone.
Workflow: is a list of Activities that needs to be done on a specific Object.
Template: is a saved Workflow which can be inserted when needed on an Object.
Objects: can be units, portfolios, contacts and work orders files.
Step1: Create a template.
Select the module (Sales, Leasing, Property Management) and click on workflow zone. Go to the template sub zone and click “Add template”.
A popup window will open and you’ll need to provide the following information.
- Template Name: Create a title for your workflow template that identifies what it does and that is easily recognizable. This will be the default name used every time this template is applied.
- Related to: Select the object to which this template will be available.
Click save to successfully save the template.
Step 2: Add new Activities to the template
Click “Add new row” to add an activity and fill in the activity information.
- Assigned To: You can assign Activities to a specific role or even a named user.
- Depends On: You can type in the Serial Number of any previous activity. This Activity will then be dependent on the previous Activities. This activity will only become active once the predecessor activity is closed.
- Days After Due Date: When this activity is created, the due date will be set as the close date of the preceding activity + number of days in this field.
You can add multiple activities in a template and change the order in which tasks must be done.
Congratulations you have successfully created a Workflow Template!
Next steps: If you haven’t already, see How to: Insert a workflow on an object.