Let us go through the process of merging duplicate communities. The same process can be used for merging Districts, Communities, Sub-communities or Properties.
- Mark any Communities you want to remove with an “X”
- Move any data from those Communities to the correct Community
- Delete the Communities you’ve labelled with an X
Step 1: Mark any Communities you want to remove
Before removing any duplicate Communities we need to make sure that all of the attached Sub-Communities will be transferred to the correct Community. This is to prevent data from becoming inaccessible.
- Go to System Admin > Parameters > Community
- Open the Community parameter
- Rename any duplicate record by clicking on the name of the Community and renaming it. This allows you to distinguish between the correct record and the incorrect one. For example: the below “Community” has been renamed as “X-Community”.
Step 2: Move any data from the marked Communities
- Go to the Sub-Community parameter and open the Sub-Community file
- Select the Community from the location drop down which is to be removed. A list of Sub-Communities attached to the selected Community will populate in a grid below.
- Click on the name to open
- Change the Community to the correct location. Repeat steps above for any other Sub-Communities.
- Ensure the Sub Community has been transferred from “X-Community” by going in to the Sub-Community parameter again.
Step 3: Delete marked Communities
- Once all of the Sub-Communities have been transferred into “Community”, remove “X-Community” through the Community parameter.
Congratulations! You successfully removed the duplicate community.