Many times when you speak to IT support, they ask you to delete cookies. You might be wondering “which cookies, who baked them?”. Simply put they are nothing more than information a website saves on your computer that the website can access again the next time you visit.
How to delete cookies in Internet Explorer (IE)?
- Open Internet Explorer and click on Tools > Internet Options
- Click on Delete under the General tab and check the tick-boxes next to items below:
- Preserve Favorites website data
- Temporary Internet Files
After ticking these items click on Delete to confirm. Your Cookies and Temporary Internet files are now deleted.
How to delete cookies for Google Chrome?
- Open Google Chrome and click the Settings Icon > Options
- Select Under the Hood and click on Clear browsing data
- Check all the tick-boxes (if they are checked by default) and click Clear browsing data
- Cookies and Temporary Internet files in Chrome are now deleted
How to delete cookies for Mozilla Firefox?
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click on Tools > Clear Recent History
- Select Everything and click Clear Now
- Click OK and you are done! Cookies and Temporary Internet files are now deleted.