How to: Batch upload contacts
Masterkey’s batch upload tool allows users to download prepared data templates from the Masterkey application onto their computer’s hard disk for easy access. Equipped with an intuitively organized data template, users can quickly and efficiently compile their data offline and then upload their files to Masterkey in a single action. Essentially this gives you freedom to add multiple contacts simultaneously, and eliminates the tedious task of adding each record individually.
Step 1: Select the Contacts
- Select Module (CRM, Sales or Leasing) > Contacts, click Actions > Batch Upload
- This opens the batch upload page, then chose to upload Individual or Company Contacts (In this example, we upload Individual Contacts). Click Download to save the excel file on your computer.
Step 2: Fill in the Excel Sheet
- Open up the excel sheet and fill in the fields. Email address field can be kept blank, mobile number format needs to entered as xxx-xx-xxxxxxx (971-50-1234567)
- You must save the file name as CRM_IndividualClient_Template and type as .csv (Masterkey does not accept any renamed files or .xls extension). Click Save to save the file on your computer.
- If you are trying to upload company contacts, the file name will be CRM_CompanyClient_Template and type .csv.
Step 3: Upload the Contacts.
- Once you’ve saved the file on your computer. Open the Batch Upload Page > Click on Proceed.
- This will take you to the next page where you can click on Choose File > select the file from your computer > click open and click on Upload.
- Your contacts are now successfully uploaded
Step 4: What if you have errors (shows in red)
- The Batch upload tool will check for duplicates based on email address and mobile number and will not upload the contacts if they are already exist in the system. Batch Upload tool will notify the errors in red and hovering over it gives you the error message
- In this case it says, email address already exists.
- You can manually change the email address or the mobile number and then click on submit.
- Once you click submit, contacts will be uploaded successfully.
Step 5: Good to go!
You can now search the uploaded contacts in the contact zone. Uploading multiple contacts has never got this easy! Try it yourself!