Can I integrate my Accounts software with Masterkey?
Yes & Maybe
It all depends on your Accounts software, but by reading through this article you should get a fairly good idea if your software will be able to integrate with Masterkey.
What features should my Accounts software have?
Features your Accounts software requires to be able to integrate:
- Can import data from a .csv file, XML file or other data format.
- Can import list of Customers
- Can import list of Invoices (aka Payments in Masterkey)
- Can import list of Receipts generated
- Internet Connection – if the Accounts software can not connect to the internet, it is possible to work around this. You will need a ‘middle-ware’ that connects to the internet and pulls the data from Masterkey. That ‘middle-ware’ can then put the data anywhere your accounting system needs to access it.
What decisions will I need to make?
Data Entry – Masterkey vs. Accounts Software
We highly recommend doing all your data entry in Masterkey whenever possible because most integrations are one-way, Masterkey → Accounts Software. If you do data entry in the financial system then you will be missing data in Masterkey. If you ever want to access that data again through our new features, you will not have it.
Generating Receipts – Masterkey vs. Accounts Software
For the same reason above, do it in Masterkey. Your Accounts Software should be able to import receipts and reconcile.
Contact Data – Sync all or just Customers
Financial systems think of a Customer as someone who is actually paying rent or needs to be invoiced. Masterkey has a database of potential customers as well as existing customers all wrapped into Contacts. So we only need to transfer anyone that is linked to a Lease or Sales Transaction.
Avoid this if possible. We only really do two-way integrations with ERPs or with large enterprises that have central databases for Contacts, Inventory or otherwise. It’s usually custom, a lot more expensive and also complex.
What systems have you integrated with?
Accounting packages that are known to integrate with Masterkey (features continuously change so ensure and check with a Masterkey representative):
- Microsoft Great Plains
- Tally – newer versions
- Many more…
Accounting packages that are known to not integrate with Masterkey:
- Tally – Older versions of that can not import files.