How to: Add a Lead
A Lead represents a Contact’s requirement for buying, selling, or leasing a Property. Every deal (sale or lease transaction) in Masterkey is done specifically against a Lead. This will help you to track business and be sure all your Contact Leads are looked after. Follow these steps to add a Lead against a Contact.
Step 1: Select Add Lead
- Select a module (CRM, Sales, Leasing) and click Add New > Lead
Step 2: Fill in the Lead Information
- Enter the Contact Name for which the Lead requirement is to be added
- Enter the Lead Type being Sales, Leasing or Property Management
- Choose a Contact Type based on the Lead Type you selected
Lead Type: Sales > Contact Type: Buyer or Seller
Lead Type: Leasing > Contact Type: Tenant or Landlord
Lead Type: Property Management > Contact Type: Tenant or Landlord
- Search by Unit Ref number and the remaining fields (Unit Type, Bedrooms, Budget, Size / Area, Location) will automatically fill. You may also fill in fields manually as per the requirement.
- Select Referred By from the drop down list. Referred By specifies the person or company who referred the Lead.
- Select Referred To from the drop down list. Referred To specifies the person or company who handles the Lead (for example: Agent who takes the client for viewing).
Step 3: Fill in the Lead Details section
- The final section to fill in is called Lead Details. These details will help you identify how and through which sources your clients heard about your company.
- The Media Name will be populated based on the Media Type selected. For example: If the Media Type was your own 'Website', then your Media Name should be 'Company Website'.
- If the Client has specified any Extra Requirements, for example 'No pets allowed' or 'No bachelors allowed', you can enter it here.
- The Lead Status can be chosen as either Open or Closed. When a Lead is entered it is by default Open.
Step 4 : Manage Notifications.
- Click on ON / OFF to manage email and SMS notifications sent to the Client / Agent.
Step 5: Test it Out!
- Click Save to record your input or click Save & Open to if you also want to see the Lead File. Congratulations! The Lead was successfully saved. This Lead will show up against the Contact in their Contact File and in the Lead zone. You can add multiple Leads by clicking 'Save and Add New'.