How to Add a New Report with Report Builder
Want create your own reports? Missing fields on existing reports? Look no further, the Masterkey Report Builder lets you create quality customised reports. Choose your own fields and pick the type of chart you like on your report. There is also an option to keep your report private or make it public so your entire organization can run it.
Step 1: Find Report Builder in Reporting zone
Select any Module (Sales, Leasing, CRM, Property Management) and Select Reports.
Step 2: Add New Reports
Click Add New and select the category and type of report you wish to create and then click generate.
You can search for and add any fields you want to the report by dragging them from the left and dropping them on the report area.
You can click on View and either choose to View All Data, Your Data (My Data) or your Team’s Data.
- View All Data – This will show the entire company data.
- My Data – This will show data entered by you.
- Team’s Data – This will show data entered by all users who report to you.
Step 2: Add Graphs to your Reports
Click on Graph Settings to get add a Graph or Chart to your report. Once you click on Graph Settings, you will see the below screen.
- You can select the Graph type as Column, Bar, Line or Pie Chart.
- X-Axis can be selected as either Entered Date(by day, week or month).
- Y-Axis can be selected as Record Count.
- Size (Graph) can be chosen as either small, medium or large.
Step 3: Set Access to your Reports
Click on Report Settings if you wish to set access or name your Report.
- Report Name – You can name your Report.
- Description – Report Description can be entered here.
- Report Folder – You can either chose Private or Public. If you select the option as Private, this Report can be viewed only by you. If you select the Public option, this report can be viewed by all users in your company.
- Include Logo – If this option is checked, the report will be generated with your company logo.
- Report Owner – Will be the actual owner or creator of the Report.
- Allow other to Edit – If this option is checked, other users within your Company will be able to modify your Report.
- Last modified by – This will highlight the username who has made the last change on the Report.
Step 4: Reset Columns and Grouping Fields
Click Reset Columns to set the report fields back to the default fields for your Template.
Right click on any of the fields to group the Report by the field name. For Example, I have right clicked on the field name Property and clicked on Group By.
This Report will Group By Property.
- Click Ungroup to reset the Report back to Default.
- Remove – If you highlight on any field name and click Remove, it removes the field name from the Report.
Function – You can perform a set of Functions
a) Count – You can Group By field name and Count the number of values for a field name. For example, Count mentioned below is the Property
b) Count Distinct– This counts the values of a field name that are Distinct. For Example, Count Distinct mentioned below is the Listing Agent.
Congrats! You can now build your own Custom Reports in each Module.